Some will be excited. Dare I say … most will be excited. But if you’re what can be labeled as a “purist”, you might want to turn away or click something else. Because the following news might disturb you. But here goes: You can now go to Dodger Stadium and buy your iconic “Dodger Dog” … fried.
Ahead of Opening Day on Monday, the Dodgers sent out a press release outlined the new food choices which will be available at Dodger Stadium this season. The new food items coincide with “major renovations” to the Lexus Dugout Club and concession stands.
New menu items include:
- Lasorda’s Meatball Marinara Specialty Fries
- Lasorda’s Meatball Marinara Cone
- La Taqueria’s Carne Asada Specialty Fries (Field & Reserve levels)
- Breaded Chicken Sandwich and Tenders (Field & Reserve levels)
- Fried Dodger Dogs at Extreme Loaded Dogs location on Field level (aisle 48)
For those not interested in fried Dodger Dogs, there will be expanded vegan and vegetarian options.
Not interested in Dodger Dogs? Seems un-American to me. Putting them in a fryer? Definitely American. USA! USA!
Though Vin Scully might be shedding a tear.
(Photo above by Brendon Thorne/Getty Images. And no, those are not Dodger Dogs. And no, I don’t think that’s Eric Gagne.)